Ottawa, Ontario | January 2017 - Present
Develop, implement, and monitor the employee onboarding program
- Deliver and facilitate onboarding program and provide feedback to onboarding trainers/facilitators
- Program data collection and analysis
- Create and develop training materials
- Work and manage stakeholder relations for the onboarding program (projects and expansion)
- Culture and engagement planning
Shopify Talent Development, Onboarding Trainer, Shopify
Ottawa, Ontario | January 2016 - Present
- Design, develop and deliver the Onboarding program to 30-60 new employees to Shopify every 2 weeks.
- Create learning plans and objectives with the goals of our Stakeholders.
Shopify Support Operations Onboarding & Training Manager, Shopify
Ottawa, Ontario | August 2012 - January 2016
- Designed, developed and deliver the Guru training program to 10-20 new Gurus every 2 weeks.
- Successfully onboarded and trained ~300 Support Employees to Shopify between 2012 & 2015.
- The Guru training program evolved into a whole team (all of Shopify) onboarding week.
Designed, developed and deliver this program to new cohorts every 2 weeks.
- Developed and use metrics to continually improve ongoing program.
- Resourcefully integrate needs and subcultures of Shopify teams, departments and locations into the onboarding program.
Shopify Support Guru, Shopify
Ottawa, Ontario | March 2011 - August 2012
- Have 100's of human conversations with our customers over email, phone and online chats helping them be successful.
- Support shop owners around the clock on the telephone, email and chat.
- Sales, online marketing, billing, technical issues, third party apps and design are just a few of the types of questions we answered on a daily basis.
New Media Project Specialist, Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
Ottawa, Ontario | July 2010 – March 2011
- Support daily operations (i.e. press release service, career postings, document delivery, memberships and office administration).
- Communications ... Community ... through video, audio, online and social media on a daily basis.
- Event logistics, planning and organizing (i.e. support staff, registration, online and media components).
- Maintain SMG (policy) web platforms (i.e. Working Together Initiative, Canadian Sport Policy Renewal) so that it is relevant, up to date, and supportive for community collaboration.
Community Engagement Coordinator, the Sport Matters Group (SMG)
Ottawa, Ontario | May 2009 – July 2010
- Support daily operational tasks (i.e. general office administration) and event logistics.
- Engage and support the collective work of Canadian sport leaders, including the implementation of new, creative methods for engagement and shared leadership.
- Development of the Friends of Canadian Sport (communications, support and build the network, coordinate the relationship management databases).
- Maintain SMG web platform so that it is relevant, up to date, and supportive for community collaboration.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with web 2.0 and social media platforms for community engagement.
Tour Operations Coordinator, Conference Aide/Tours & DMC
Ottawa Ottawa, Ontario | February 2008 – May 2009
- Hire, train and manage a staff of 50+ tour guides.
- Responsible for staffing tours, greeter work for the Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation and help in the itinerary planning process.
- During the high season, responsible for all destination representatives and their itineraries.
- Assist in preparing contracts and proposals for customers/clients.
- Work within a team environment to maintain the offices day-to-day operations and business practices.
Restaurant Supervisor, Server & Bartender, Stanley’s restaurant, Bell Sensplex
Kanata, Ontario | 2004 - 2008
- Held key responsibility in supervising restaurant operations and personnel, helping with employee scheduling, and filling-in where necessary.
- Started and maintained Bell Sensplex Adult Hockey League restaurant loyalty point program.
- Planned and executed end of season banquets for BSAHL.
- As server and bartender - Served food, drinks and maintained a commercial and licensed establishment.